- From I-5, take the City Center exit to Highway 705.
- Follow Highway 705 to the “A” Street exit.
- From “A” Street, turn left onto S. 11th Street.
- For Park Plaza North Garage, turn right on Commerce. Parking is to your right.
- For the Pantages and Rialto Theaters and Theatre on the Square, continue west on S. 11th Street and turn right on Broadway.
When to Arrive
The lobby usually opens one-hour prior to curtain time. Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes before the curtain rises.
Late arrivals will be seated when there is an appropriate break in the performance.
Sound Transit and Tacoma Link Light Rail
The Tacoma Link Light Rail is a source of FREE transportation that connects the Theater District with the Tacoma Dome Station, where you may park for FREE. The Light Rail runs every 10-20 minutes until 10:00 pm, Monday through Saturday, and 5:50 p.m. Sunday. Most Broadway Center events are about 2 hours (but not always); please keep this in mind if planning to park at the Tacoma Dome Station. To check the most updated schedule for Sound Transit and Tacoma Link Light Rail's, click here.
While there is not street parking for all three theaters running at capacity, we encourage you to take advantage of various parking garages in the District:
- Blue pre-paid parking passes are valid at Park Plaza North ONLY. Blue parking passes are valid for the time you enter the garage to one hour after the show is over. If you choose to park longer than this allowance, the parking attendant will add a ticket to your car that will restart you post-show parking clock one hour after the show. You will only need to pay for the additional time used.
- Attended parking is available at Park Plaza North Garage (located between 9th & 11th on Commerce), which connects to Broadway through the sky bridge on the fifth level. There is a fee ($5). The attendant is on duty for 30 minutes prior and for one hour after the show's conclusion. To contact Park Plaza North Garage directly, you may call 253.572.4908 for more information.
- Limited parking is also available directly across from the Pantages and Theatre on the Square at 916 Broadway. There is a fee ($8) and no attendant on duty at this lot.
- Street parking is usually available throughout the Theater District.
Construction and Safety
The majority of construction around the Theater District is nearly complete, and with the upgrades has come increased lighting, improved landscaping and added street parking options along the north side of Broadway, St. Helens and Market Streets. The Theater District is generally a very safe neighborhood, but your comfort and ease is important to us. If at any time you would like an escort to your car after a performance, please alert the House Manager or Guest Services Associate at the event or simply contact the Downtown Tacoma Business Improvement Area (BIA) Security directly for an escort at 253.383.1131.
To see what other treasures Tacoma/Pierce County has to offer: Call the Tacoma-Pierce County Convention and Visitor Bureau for further information regarding specific arts organizations, museums, walking tours, festivals, lodging, park facilities and more.
Call 800-272-2662 or visit www.traveltacoma.com.