The Maintenance Assistant will under the direction of the Facilities Coordinator assist with the cleaning and maintenance of the facilities. They will also assist the Front of House Team with set up and cleanup of the theaters before and after events. The Maintenance Assistant is expected to deliver the highest level of customer service, and maintain the aesthetic integrity of all Broadway Center venues including its theaters, rehearsal spaces, administrative offices, and the Tacoma Armory. This is a full time position, and schedule may vary.
This is a Full -Time Non -Exempt Position, with full benefits, including Health & Dental Insurance, Retirement benefits and a generous leave policy. Pay will be in the $14-$16 an hour range.
• Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of all facilities, offices and public areas managed by the BCPA including removing trash and recycling, sweeping and mopping floors, and vacuuming carpeted areas on a regular basis or when necessary.
• Work with supervisor to manage inventory for all custodial products and equipment. Assist in the tracking of actual custodial expenses.
• Receive custodial-related vendor deliveries.
• Work with supervisor on regular maintenance work around the BCPA facilities including painting, changing lights bulbs, repairing broken seats, and any special projects.
• Assist in the tracking of actual maintenance expenses.
Front of House Support and Reporting
• Assist in event set-up and clean-up efforts with the BCPA Events Team to maximize efficiency and client satisfaction. Assist with team communications and coordination of response activity to event changes and emergencies. Work with supervisor to contact and direct outside vendors and service providers when necessary.
• Attend all Pre-Events, All-Staff, Front of House, and other Event-related meetings when required or necessary.
• Observe and enforce all BCPA policies and safety regulations including federal, state, and local rules and codes.
• Report all incidents and accidents to the Maintenance Coordinator (and others) and maintain a file of incident reports.
• Must be 21 years or older.
• Have at least one year of custodial and maintenance experience.
• Have excellent customer service skills and at least one year of customer service experience.
• Have proven written and verbal communication skills.
• Have some computer literacy skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Be able to handle extended periods of standing, walking, bending and kneeling including lifting at least 75 lbs., and be comfortable with intermediate heights for maintenance projects.
• Be able to work weekends, evenings, nights, and available for on-call basis. Schedule will include some daytime maintenance, as well as shifts during events.
• Have reliable transportation.
• Be organized and enjoy working with the public and as part of a team.
• Have a professional attitude, be a team player, and work well with others.
901 Broadway Suite 700
Tacoma, WA 98402